What is Flutter ?
- Flutter is Google’s portable UI toolkit for building beautiful, natively-compiled applications for mobile, web, and desktop from a single codebase.
- Flutter is a new way to build high-performance, cross-platform mobile apps.
- Flutter is optimized for today’s, and tomorrow’s, mobile devices. Flutter makes it easy and fast to build beautiful mobile apps
- The app developed with Flutter works on Android as well as iOS and no separate development efforts for android and iOS are required
- Flutter allows to quickly ship features with a focus on native end-user experiences. Flutters Layered architecture allows for full customization, which results in incredibly fast rendering and expressive and flexible designs.
You can understand more about flutter from Eric Seidel, Co-founder of Flutter
What is Flutter Engine ?
The Flutter Engine is a portable runtime for hosting Flutter applications. It implements Flutter’s core libraries, including animation and graphics, file and network I/O, accessibility support, plugin architecture, and a Dart runtime and compile toolchain.
Downloading Flutter Engine Source Code
The flutter engine source code is available at github and can be downloaded using git command as below,
$ git clone https://github.com/flutter/engine.git